NZ Gun Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
According to a 2017 small arms survey, there are more than 1.2 million firearms among the population of 4.6 million. Under New Zealand law, anyone 16 or older may seek a firearms license, and anyone 18 or older who has applied for a firearms license can seek a permit to possess a military-style semiautomatic weapon.
So it seems they have fairly relaxed, almost US style gun law?.. and after the Mosque shootings the PM is saying the law needs to change. I personally think psychotic terrorist will always find a way to kill, using knives, hairdressing or agriculture supplies to make make their weapons even if guns aren't available.

Seems a big of a knee jerk to me.

Sponsored Links
Harder for one man to kill 50 people in a few minutes with knives than with guns.

Proper gun control is a better idea than the knee-jerk gun ownership abolition we suffered here.

Not sure why any private citizen should own semi-automatic assault rifles, particularly given bump stocks.

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt want you having access to a semi automatic weapon :eek:
Why not?
I don't want access to any kind of weapon.
But what silly allegation are you making now?

I don't particularly want anyone having access to a semi-automatic weapon. But why would you object to me, specifically, having access?

and after the Mosque shootings the PM is saying the law needs to change

As anyone would thinking that laws on paper would stop someone intent on breaking them and preventing something like this happening again.

This discussion has been had on here a few times and it will go on forever in a day. Gun laws might get tighter yet these things carry on happening.

As anyone would thinking that laws on paper would stop someone

That's an interesting thought.

Tell me, how many people have been killed in mass shootings in the United States in the last ten years?

And how many people have been killed in mass shootings in the United Kindom in the last ten years?

Because they aren't nutters now does not prevent them from becoming nutters in the future, or anyone else who may have access to their firearms.

You're right.

The police shouldn't be allowed to be armed.

Tell me, how many people have been killed in mass shootings in the United States in the last ten years?

And how many people have been killed in mass shootings in the United Kindom in the last ten years?

Tell me, how many times did laws prevent either?

Sponsored Links
Back