OAK FLOORING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Please help me, can anyone suggest or let me know if the following is possible.

Basically old floor being riped up, they would like Real solid oak flooring installed.

Is the avalible oak flooring on websites ok to nail straight to joists??
Is there any site anyone knows that sell planks longer than 1.3m, Ideally woudl like 3m's.

If not would flooring be ok to lay onto 12mm plyboard and then nailed, the customer wants the look with slight gaps in floor but no draft, so i reccommended ply underneath first.

Hope this is understandable first time to site

Sponsored Links
welcome, you can get what you want really, i know of a job where the boards where 50cm wide and 7meters long ! made to measure basically. Maybe you should have a look at woodyoulikes profile (user on here) , they maybe able to help.

welcome, you can get what you want really, i know of a job where the boards where 50cm wide and 7meters long ! made to measure basically. Maybe you should have a look at woodyoulikes profile (user on here) , they maybe able to help.

Will do thanks

Sponsored Links
this messgae is for suggest helper as above, as i tried private meassge and says user is not real ????

Hi,
Told you may be able to help me, i need some real oak floor boards, they need to be 180mm wide or near abouts.
At least 3.2 meters in length.
This will be laid straight on joists or on a layer of ply board.
They would like to have a small gap between boards.
I would like these boards precoloured or waxed and ready to lay.
If not at least prepared ready to wax or varnish.

Thanks
Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back