Objections on new Dwelling proposal, should I report on existing Developer's breach?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Developer wants to build a double storey house attached to his existing three storey dwelling and has submitted an application forward.

The existing three storey house was built with breaches and I had already posted about this a couple of weeks ago headed under.....
"Have discovered multiple breaches from adjacent development - Do I have any hope?"
//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/h...jacent-development-do-i-have-any-hope.466884/

We have listed various reasons to object, however though in addition, would it be a good idea to highlight the Developer's existing breaches on the representation form for the Planning Officer / Committee in an attempt to expose this Developer's malpractices? Or does it look like we are taking it too personally or also possibly flagging the Council's failings in lack of enforcement? Creating a rebounding effect?

Sponsored Links
Your objection regarding their previous breaches would merely be dismissed as it's irrelevant (on the face of it) and potentially it may not do you any favours if you're a perpetual objector.

with breaches. they will consider if the breaches would have been approved if they'd been applied for. If so they will be ignored or he'll be invited to roll them in to this application.

you need to research valid grounds to object. planners are minded to approve development particularly given the cost of losing appeals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back