Ocean Alpha 240p Boiler Keeps Going Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ocean Alpha 240p which is giving me a lot of grief. It started by being erratic in supplying DHW and then stopped completely, but the pilot is still on. My CH is currently off. I followed the installation manual procedures for fault finding and all worked well until the "Air pressure switch proved" stage where the neon remained illuminated. The recommended action is to replace the air pressure switch, which I did. I then tested the DHW with the room sealed chamber panel off and everything worked fine. When I replaced the panel, the burner went off and no DHW was supplied anymore. I removed the panel and the boiler worked fine again. Closed the panel and problems were back again. I took off the fan assembly and cleaned the flue and put back everything. Boiler worked for a few hours and has stopped again. Could anybody help as to what the problem could be and how to get around it? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
A simple fix that is always missed by the untrained or unqualified.
Guaranteed fix is to call in a registered repair man who will fix the problem and afterwards do all the safety checks that I'm sure you have missed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back