Offset radiator tails?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone come across any/know where to get some? Thinking something like those offset connections you get with some bar mixer showers, but in rad tail form. The reason is that the tiler on a job I'm working on has cut his tiles tight to the pipes but 10mm too far apart, so the towel rail I'm fitting doesn't line up with the pipes coming through the floor (I drilled big holes on first fix to allow a bit of post-installation movement...) Tiles are mega hard, can't be drilled, so no chance of chipping the edge away either.

Any ideas anyone? Failing this I'll have to find some straight-through valves that aren't quite straight-through, only issue there of course is that they won't match the other towel rails in the house, so if offset tails are available they'd be the best option.

Oh yeah, one final thing, no chance of getting anything on the pipework before the valves as, due to limited headroom, the towel rail had to be installed quite low to the floor and so there's only an inch of pipework before the valves.

Sponsored Links
:idea: Nibble the tile around the pipe with a small chisel
:idea: Get the tiler back to sort it out
:idea: Try to adapt one of those offset fittings that you get with showers

Sponsored Links
Snow may mean I can't get there for a while, maybe not til after Christmas, rail is approx 600×1200 although I can't swear to that as it was supplied by the customer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back