oil burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an oil burner that heats 3 circuits, under floor heating, water and upstairs rads. There is a thermostat in each room that has underfloor heating. When the thermostats are satisfied the pump for the ufloor heating shuts down.

The problem is there seems to be no link between the thermostats and the boiler, the boiler continues to run. This makes no sense to me when no heating is being called for I believe the boiler should be off. I used to have to turn the boiler off by flicking the correct fuse on the fuse board but my father fitted a timer here, so at least now i can control when the boiler comes on, I marry this time to the control clock that activates the pump.

What I'd really like is a situation where i can simply leave the ufloor on all day and the boiler will be controlled by the room stats. SO if the stats are set to 20 and the room reaches 20 the boiler shuts off at the moment it will continue to run but the heat won't get to the room as the stat has cut off its loop.

thanks a million
Barry

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back