Oil commishioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I am not profishant in oil fired stuff , I thought Id run this past you lot. I was asked to fit an oil boiler for a good freind , I told him I couldnt because I couldnt set up the burner and commishin it properly . He said Its ok Its a floor standing worcester that Ive bought and I will do the oil and he just wanted me to connect up the water pipes . It came with free comishioning from a worcester eng . So I did the water , he did the oil then he booked the eng from worcester , waited a week and when this guy turned up all he did was turn the damn thing on . no gauges , nothing , and Id been telling my mate not to run it untill it was set up , Now Ive always refused any work to do with oil as I am not trained but are the new ones set up to run from the box ???????????????

Sponsored Links
ex works burners are usually set up ..so so.

but check nozzle size ,pump px, cos they do vary for kw output.

it aint a hardship.

No they are not set up to run from the box. They WILL run, but they are not as efficient as they could be, and they need to be set properly. After seeing this, I will no longer be recommending Worcester to people, the bastards will steal my business. *******s to them!!

This is not satisfactory, and if the guy did not get the commissioning results, and give you a copy, you would be unable to demonstrate it is working properly, and so cannot satisfy building control, (though I bet no one is going to tell them, are you?)

You would do us a great favour if you would write to OFTEC. You could email them at [email protected]. Tell them all the details you can manage, and they might stamp on Worcester, who have committed a criminal act by being an accessory. They are all oftec registered and should abide by oftec's rules (like wot I do :eek: ).

oilman, we all have bad days......and im sure, if hes worcester...hes ok.

Sponsored Links
Maybe so, but that doesn't excuse doing such a shabby job. He wouldn't last long if he was working for himself. Any plonk can just turn it on, are professionals only at plonk level?

This is not the first problem I know of with Worcester "engineers". One of my customers was losing pressure on a combi, the Worcester guy said just keep opening the filling loop. He had not checked the expansion vessel, which was shot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back