Old baxi system boiler has very hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My BIL has moved into his new house, it came complete with a old baxi boiler, in guessing around 13 years old.

Apparently the hot water in the tap and the heating is too hot. He’s tried turning it down, but nothing seems to work. He also has an electric immersion, from a FaceTime call, it looks like a crappy old system, but he’s not in the position to junk it until next year at the earliest.

I’m going over in the next couple of days, is there anything I can check?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Firstly check the immersion hasn’t been left turned on. If he’s got zone valves then it could be constantly calling if the microswitch is stuck. Check the room thermostat isn’t too high, and cylinder thermostat - this should be set to 60-65 degrees, usually denoted by an arrow.

May even be a pumped CH/Gravity HW system, in which case he wont have a lot of control over HW temp without fitting a valve in the Primary (Cylinder) Return. If fully Pumped, as Chris said, check motorised valves are working, (my heating came on for the first time this end of the year last week, valve decided to stick open and I walked in to an oven...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back