old council house - help with external walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our house is ex-council and from what i've been told the way it has been rendered isn't something that is done nowadays. we're looking to sell it and need to spruce up the outside for curb appeal when selling it on - we were hoping we could get somebody to fill in the gaps around the windows (from when new windows have been put in) and give it a good lick of paint. i've had different tradesmen round giving us lots of different info and quotes but ideally we don't want to spend a fortune on it as we want to move out. i've attached some photos and hoping somebody could give us some advice on what to do? some parts of the paint are chipping off as you can see and the areas around the window really need working on. any advice would be really appreciated! thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.46.49.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.46.49.png
    831.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.47.03.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.47.03.png
    957 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.54.53.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.54.53.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 247
Sponsored Links
you answered your own question . get some textured sandtex and chuck some sharp sand in it for the bits that need more texture.
or
paint the bad bits with some thick cement /waterproof pva slurry ,wait for it to dry then paint it all with textured sandtex.

you answered your own question . get some textured sandtex and chuck some sharp sand in it for the bits that need more texture.
or
paint the bad bits with some thick cement /waterproof pva slurry ,wait for it to dry then paint it all with textured sandtex.

there are some stained parts of the house so i think it might be better for us to get it fully repainted - if we needed to get somebody in to do it would you know what kind of tradesman and what work to ask for? asking because i don't want to waste anyones time who would want work from a full render when all we want is tidying up!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back