Old Worcester 24i burner problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all. :)

Long story short there was no pressure in the boiler when I woke up this morning, restored it too around 1.5 and expected no further problems. Big mistake! lol

If I turn the boiler off then back on again, then turn the heating on the boiler sounds like it's starting up fine.The burner flicks on seemingly normally, but then after about 5/10 seconds it goes out again. :-S

Any ideas what this could be, or how to fix it? Sadly calling someone out isn't really an option atm.

Sponsored Links
Not alot of info to go on really, could be many things and unfortunatly not many of them are DIY. Looks like you'll have to hang on till you can get someone to take a look for you.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a safety device is engaging. Would not advice diy on that kind of thing.

When you do get rounf to calling someone ensure its a no-fix no-fee because otherwise you will get those who only want to quote for a new boiler.

Yours is quite repairable but does need someone prepared to do repairs.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back