One bathroom or two?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a home with a second floor made up of three bedrooms, including the master bedroom, but only one bathroom. This bathroom has 2 entries; one from the hall and one from the master bedroom. I need to remodel this bathroom, so I was thinking of making two small bathrooms from this one. By moving a closet in the master bedroom, I can make space for these two small bathrooms. I am not sure if it is worth having a small master bathroom vs not having a master bathroom at all. I have seen footprints of bathroom as small as 8 feet by 5 feet. That is about all I would have for both bathrooms. If you think I should make these two bathrooms, how do you feel about just a shower in the master bathroom and no tub? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Typically, you should not do away with your bath tub - keep it.

Unless you post a scanned sketch of a floor plan of the existing bathroom, and the proposed split bathrooms with fixture footprints shown, its difficult to advise on what you might have in mind?

By the way, this is a UK DIY advisory forum. Just saying, but you are most welcome.

I was planning to keep the tub in the original bathroom, but pu just a stall shower in the new master bathroom. Do you think just having a shower in the master bathroom is okay or do I need to put a tub in there too?

Sponsored Links
I dont know the proposed layout so i cant really advise you.

I think that what you need is a personal preference choice, not a technical decision.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back