Moving a Bathroom nextdoor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a large bathroom (12ft by 12ft) and a small bedroom next to it (6ft by 7ft). The bathroom has an outside wall with the soil pipe running down but if possible I would like to move the bathroom into the small bedroom next door and use the bathroom instead as a large bedroom.

Is this possible without using a maserator as the smaller bedroom I would like to relocate the bathroom into has no external walls? Distance wise I would be looking to move toilet, sink and bath about 15 feet into the room next to the current bathroom.

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
The water supplies will be easy enough to extend/ modify but you need to look at drainage, particularly the soil pipe.

How do you intend to accommodate drainage and are there any obstacles :?:

You need to remove any electrical sockets/ switches too. :(

Thanks

Yes it was the drainage side I was worried about, not sure how easy easy it would if at all possible to move this to the next door room so was after some advice on those in the know as to if the WC, Bath etc could be hooked up to the soil pipe if it was moved nextdoor?

Thanks Again

if the WC, Bath etc could be hooked up to the soil pipe :?:

They can all be fitted to soil pipe ( plumber will know how)

Might be a big job to extend wastes though. :(

Get someone to look it over for you.

Sponsored Links
You might be lucky. If the floor joists run in the right direction, you might be able to run a soil pipe in the void, with everything teed into it.

Not so easy if the joists run the wrong way though. Then the soil pipe would have to run either above the floor ( behind a very big 'skirting board'?) or at ceiling level in the room below (fake tudorbethan beams, anyone?). Not much chance of cutting a 4" notch in a joist.

Cheers, its a first floor flat so not sure if there is room in the boards but a false skirting may work or I can box in with fitted wardrobes and run round outside of room perhaps. What sort of drop is required for a 15 foot run?

THanks Again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back