bathroom advice

woj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to fit a new bathroom, gonna do a few small adjustments but wanna know if it is ok/right?

its a small bathrrom, 6ft x 6 ft with bath down left side then sink next to it and toilet, all wastes run into soil pipe which is in the room next to bathroom (my bedroom)

i wanna know if i can put my bath and basin waste outside into my guttering instead of into the soil pipe as currently the wastes run above the floorboards, which i dont want with the new bathroom?

Sponsored Links
hi, you cant run the waste from your basin and bath into your guttering :eek: ........though you can branch into the rainwater downpipe from your guttering creating a separate waste from your toilet.

thats what i meant, just a crap explanation! :)
I thought i could do it, just wanted to check that it didnt have to go out through my soil pipe!

i did know what you meant, but just making sure...........this is the way my own bathroom plumbing is configured.

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

This all depends pn whether you have combined rain / foul water drains.

If you have then no probs go ahead as planned.

If they are separate the you CANNOT run your foul water (bath/basin) into your rain water drains.

Rico

Hi Andy
Hi there,

This all depends pn whether you have combined rain / foul water drains.

If you have then no probs go ahead as planned.

If they are separate the you CANNOT run your foul water (bath/basin) into your rain water drains.

Rico
& running surface water into the foul drain is usually only allowed as a last resort now as well; in most cases there are also by-laws prohibiting it! If you have a soak away for the surface water, I also think it would be a bad idea to dump your bath & basin waste into it; it’s almost certainly not sized or designed to cope with the water volume & you could eventually clog it up with all the soap, bodily by-products & hair that end up going down the plug holes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back