Bathroom wastes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im running bathroom wastes as I'm redoing the bathroom. It's an up stairs bathroom and the sink and bath wastes run into a hopper. The toilet into the soil stack.

The old setup had separate sink and bath wastes running out of the wall, I have taken theses out as we are completely re modelling. I have added a separate shower, can I run this and the sink to join up with the bath waste and just run one out of the wall? The old pipes were push fit but I'm using solvent weld pipes. Are there any issues running three into one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No problem joining the three as they will all have traps and unlikely to be discharging all at the same time. Make sure you use 1 1/2" waste from bath and shower.

Regards

I would run bath and shower separately at the very least. If, (when), the pipe clogs, after time, and someone lets the bath go, you could find it reappearing it the shower, until the water finds its own level, and gets away. Went to one once, young lady had let her bath water go, only to go downstairs and find it dripping through the kitchen ceiling. Waste had blocked, bathwater had erupted in the shower tray and overflowed.

If you must run 3 into one pipe, upsize to 50mm after the 3rd appliance connects. I would also fit an anti vac trap on the basin. If the stack is plastic, I would even consider connecting the wastes straight into the stack, and do away with the hopper. They are horrible, unsanitary things at the best of times, 70 year old idea, that is now banned, (unless as a direct replacement).

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply I'm rumbling 32mm from sink and 40mm from bath and shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back