Soil Pipe Assistance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Im looking to relocate our bathroom in to the room next door and make the old bathroom into a bedroom.

This will require running the new soil pipe, waste and supply pipes a distance of 17 odd feet back into what was the old bathroom including a 90 degree bend in the corner of the new proposed bedroom.

Is this feasable if the soil pipe and others were boxed in all the way round above the floorboards as it is in a flat?

Many Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
You won't get the correct fall over that distance so you are liable to get blockages in time. :(

You would need about a 5 - 6 inch fall over that distance.

I suppose you could put the throne on a dais :)

Sponsored Links
OK

Cheers Guys looking like it may be a bit tricky! Is my only real option to try and run the soil pipe round the outer walls and back into the original or could this pose problems as well?

Thanks
Paul

I know you described the property as a flat, but running soil pipe external would look horrendous.

Is there no way you can run drainage underground .check the manhole locations and if poss excavate and install along with new stack .

will involve local planning building control officer of course.

Hi

Its a first floor flat so dont think I can run any other way, may have to investigate other options, Im only looking to move it to the next room but seems it may not be viable?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back