One coat plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wall about two metres by one. Old plaster crumbled from the wall years ago and was emulsion painted with exposed brick in very small areas. A mess. Now I have Thistle one coat plaster. As the depth varies where brick has previously crumbled can I two coat in parts with one coat to bring it up to required level. Can I also fill the deep holes with some sort of filler and then two coat with the one coat plaster ? Do I also need to PVA the wall or as painted previously with a few bare pieces of brick showing can I just put on the one coat plaster.
I wait with trowel at the ready.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
One coat is called one coat for one very obvious reason - you apply it in one coat. Read the back of the bag.

Yes I read that - obviously. The question is, because of the reasons I explained, can I lay it on really thick in one place(up to 5cm) and thinner in others.(2cm).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Deep holes only a few inches across mostly just very uneven bricks maybe up to 2cm difference in depth. Also do I need to PVA on to emulsion and bare brick ?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back