One cold radiator - tried everything!!

have you tried taking the trv head off? (be warned there will be water so towels/ready to plug and not when it's hot!)

Sponsored Links
I have poked a thin paint brush down the top of the valve/pipe, seems a lot of sludge plus water is black! Guess this is the problem, any suggestions on something long and thin to poke down further?

Sponsored Links
I have missed the bucket test!
The flow in value obviously works as it re fills after being emptied,radiator has been emptied and therefore is not blocked,i guess I need to test the trv value side?
Thank you all

Unfortunately you have decided not to do the bucket test because you THINK its not necessary.

Firstly, your thinking is flawed because it can refill from EITHER pipe.

Secondly, the bucket test shows the flow coming through each pipe!

Sometimes its only blocked in the valve!

If you followed the advice of the experts you will get it solved quicker!

I suppose you think that all plumbers are thick because they left school at 15 ?

Tony

Tony, sorry if I have offended you, your trade or the experts on this forum. As I said, I haven't done this before, and am new to this forum.

Pressure should only be going to the blocked pipe now, still not flowing through and only drips collecting in the bucket. I can feel blockage in the pipe, what is best way to clear?

pipe I can see is plastic, not sure on size but can comfortably push a 6mm knitting needle down.

I would drain the system down and leaving the drain valve open with a hose attached.

Attach a hose pipe to the blocked pipe work and try using the main pressure to try and clear the blockage.

As I push the knitting needle down I feel the blockage.

Robiow70 - completely flush out the sytem, open only the blocked valve pipe and re-pressurize?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back