One for Roger

Sponsored Links
Kaiser Wilhelm was a Prussian. He was not a Saxon. Hitler was an Austrian. He was not a Saxon. Bismark was not a Saxon.

Yorkshire and Northumberland are in Britain. They were never Anglo-Saxon. Neither were Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Devon or Cornwall.

Germany as a nation-state did not exist until very recently.

Parts of Saxony are now in Poland and the Czech Republic.

Sponsored Links
Kaiser Wilhelm was a Prussian. He was not a Saxon. Hitler was an Austrian. He was not a Saxon. Bismark was not a Saxon.
So what? Nor was Genghis Khan. They did not invade Britain and could not affect the ancestry of the Anglo-Saxons.

Yorkshire and Northumberland are in Britain. They were never Anglo-Saxon. Neither were Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Devon or Cornwall.
So what? How does that affect the ancestry of Anglo-Saxons?

Germany as a nation-state did not exist until very recently.
It still does not exist in Germany.

Parts of Saxony are now in Poland and the Czech Republic.
So what? How does that affect the ancestry of Anglo-Saxons?

All that may be true but irrelevant.
As usual, you were in hair-splitting mode purely for the sake of it - nevertheless quite interesting.

Why, then, did your list not include all the other European countries, or Mongolia?

So, the Germans do not have German ancestry either then.

What we call Germanic has been around somewhat longer, therefore the Anglo-Saxons in Britain clearly must have some Germanic ancestry; not to mention that the Angles and Saxons must have had ancestry from many of the other groups before they came to Britain.
I would ask if you were just being obtuse by writing German and not Germanic but that does not explain why you found it necessary to include some other countries.

You may as well have written that WASP excludes Catholics and Muslims.

Why, then, did your list not include all the other European countries, or Mongolia?
Because, so far as I am aware, the current Royal Family does not include people of recent Mongolian origin, dummy.
It does include well-known examples of the countries I mentioned.
Do you think a Greek prince, born into the Eastern Orthodox church, is a WASP? Do you think a Greek prince, born into the Eastern Orthodox church, is a member of the Royal Family?

You may as well have written that WASP excludes Catholics and Muslims.

Indeed it does.

Hence only an ignorant idiot would claim that the Royal Family are ALL White Anglo Saxon Protestants.

Obviously they are not

"Anglo-Saxon" excludes Greek, Russian, Hungarian, Danish, German ancestry. Also Scots, Welsh, Irish and of course Norman. The Royal Family are just as mongrel as any other Britons, and include more recent and old immigrant stock than most.

There are members of the Royal Family who are not Protestants.

Members of the Royal Family of Greek, Russian, Hungarian, Danish, German ancestry are not Anglo-Saxon.

Even the ones who are German. Being German does not mean you are an Anglo-Saxon

Let's try again.

"Anglo-Saxon" excludes Greek, Russian, Hungarian, Danish, German ancestry. Also Scots, Welsh, Irish and of course Norman. The Royal Family are just as mongrel as any other Britons, and include more recent and old immigrant stock than most.

There are members of the Royal Family who are not Protestants.
:?: How can Anglo-Saxons not have German ancestry?

As you can see, this is referring to the British Royal Family. It contains people of German ancestry who are not Anglo-Saxon

Can you give me an example of a German prince or princess who married into the British Royal family, who was an Anglo-Saxon? How about Prince Albert? He wasn't.

Can you give me an example of a German immigrant who became monarch, who was an Anglo-Saxon? How about George I? He wasn't.

Sponsored Links
Back