One Radiator is Always Hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have noticed that the radiator in one of the bedrooms is always hot / on even when the thermostat on the radiator is set to 0. There seems to be no adjustment on this radiator at all.

Now, I cannot remember if I am correct here, but I believe that it did change temperature when I adjusted the thermostat on the radiator, when we first moved in 3 years ago.

The radiator is only hot / on when the heating is on.

Any ideas / help

Thanks in advance

Coops

Sponsored Links
Hi Gordangas

Is it possible to change Thermostat value without draining the system / radiator?

Coops

Sponsored Links
sometimes, depends on the brand. If you buy an identical valve, you can try swapping the heads. If it is a poor quality one, you may as well throw away the old valve and fit a Danfoss or something.

...unless swapping the heads fixes it.

If you have the same type of valve in another room, try swapping the heads, if this works either buy another valve and just swap the head, or swap it with one that you don't turn off (i.e. living room)

Or read JohnD' post :oops: must concentrate more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back