One radiator not heating up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi looking for some advice please.

One radiator on the middle floor is not heating up all others are fine including the two in the loft.

There are no thermostat valves fitted on this rad. Ive checked the valves to make sure they open fine, taken the rad off and flushed it out.. the only thing i can see as a problem is the pressure coming into the rad is very low. The pressure from the outlet side is high. I dont quite understand why! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Crud build up if the pressure is fine...add some cleaner or turn the rest off of the rads off and try flushing the inlet

I did bleed the inlet of aprox 1litre before i put it all back together. But the pressure was no way near the outlet pressure side.

Its like the pressure from the outlet side is so high it wont let the inlet flow

The pipework that has slow flow is restricted, partially blocked or its valve is.
Try closing EVERY other rads TRV ,see if problem rad heats fully.

Sponsored Links
So i turned everything off but that rad and its heating up! Before the inlet pipe was getting warm, now its very hot.

Its not the valve as i did take them off and check them and all was ok

Should be getting fairly even heat after 20 mins or so. You can then turn
on the other rads .
If the problem rad cools ,or doesn't heat tomorrow ,the system will probably need balancing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back