Only luke warm water upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a baxi 105e combi boiler. The hot water downstairs is steaming hot but when i run the hot water into the bath it runs somewhere between cold and luke warm unless i run it really slow. The hot water in the basin seems to run really hot too. Does anybody have any suggestions or remedies for this?

Sponsored Links
Where are you, in scotland baths are fitted with a thermostatic mixer valve!!!

105e IS is designed to give 35 degree temp rise at 12.7 litres a minute . Sink taps are usually 15mm and bath 22mm . If the sinks are ok up stairs and down . It will be a case of the bath tap passing too much water to be heated properly.
More noticable in winter as water comes into the house a lot cooler to start with

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response. All pipes coming from the boiler and going to the taps are all 15mm. It is due to be serviced soon so i will tell the engineer when he comes.

In the meantine measure the kitchen hot tap flow rate in litres per minute.

Then set the bath tap to the same flow rate and see how hot it gets.

You can only compare like with like!

Tony

Don't open the bath so much. The boiler can only heat the water at a certain rate. Slow down the tap and it will heat better. Most people filling a bath just turn the taps on full.
When you get it serviced ask the engineer to throttle the flowrate back at the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back