Opal Triton 10.5W - Heater B switch shuts off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
I have the Problem that my shower (Opal Triton 10.5W) does not run on the high heat ("two red flames") anymore. It still runs on cold and on medium heat ("one red flame"). Today I have opened it and looked what happens when I switch it on; For medium heat it switches on heater A (upper one) which works perfectly well. For high heat it switches both heaters on, A and B, but the switch for heater B immediately shuts off again.
I closed the switch manually and the heater heated up the water in the heater. Leaving the switch alone though, immediately switched heater B off. I assume it is an issue with the switch but I am not an electrician. Does anybody happen to have had similar problems and what are my options?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
they can be a gamble, next month something else will go.
how olds the shower ?

Not really sure. We bought the house 14 months ago and the shower was there. I assume at least 3 years, most likely more.

Hi All,

I have having exactly the same problem and this is the only post I have found ao I assume its not common. I have opened the unit (electrics off) and noticed the main cable from the front unit to the PCB board has been burnt slightly. other than that everything else seems fine. I have yet to see the problem with the cover off. I would rather not replace the whole thing - any quick fixes here?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back