Triton Opal shower does not switch off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Triton Opal shower that doesn't switch off when the stop button is pressed. The only way to switch it off is to pull the (isolator?) switch located on the other side of the bathroom! When this switch is switched back on water flows straight away again without selecting a power setting.

My initial thoughts are a problem with the solenoid valve not closing but then also thought it could be an electronic problem with one of the two pcbs, so thought I'd try and get some further advice!

Has anybody had a similar problem with this shower?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have a Triton Opal shower that doesn't switch off when the stop button is pressed. The only way to switch it off is to pull the (isolator?) switch located on the other side of the bathroom! When this switch is switched back on water flows straight away again without selecting a power setting.

My initial thoughts are a problem with the solenoid valve not closing but then also thought it could be an electronic problem with one of the two pcbs, so thought I'd try and get some further advice!

Has anybody had a similar problem with this shower?

Thanks
Hi, i had a similar problem there was a small piece of solder holding the solenoid valve open, it was easily fixed.

I say not the solenoid.

My parents T100E (old beastie) did this, but even the isolator wouldn't stop it. THAT was a jammed valve.

If it shuts off with the mains power isolator off, it's an electronic or electrical fault - jammed valves don't care about mains power...:)

Sponsored Links
I had the solanoid replaced and by a Triton engineer, and the shower worked fine, but for what I paid (£90 parts and labour) I could have bought a new shower :( Now the diaphram is leaking causing a low pressure fault and it is going to cost me £30 for a new valve set as the diaphrams are not sold seperately. Think I will just cut my losses and try to get a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back