Problem with Triton Opal 2 electric shower

Sponsored Links
I doubt it was very much like that. It was my mum that was there, and I doubt she was hawk eyeing him! Anyway he knows her as he sorted my grandad's shower too.
I hear now that plumbers charge £60 an hour anyway. Plumbers do alright.

Plumbers do alright.

another general public view i surpose.

thats before the tax, ni, fuel, tools, stationary, public liability, phone bill
the list is endless
but i take no notice of people views as they haven't got a clue.

Yeah I know they must have a lot of overheads I don't doubt that. I have nothing against plumbers, I am just trying to keep my costs down. You know - coming up to christmas and all.

Sponsored Links
Well, you see I am not even sure where to turn the water off. And its not just me the plumber that came 2 years ago spent most of his time looking where to do this. Wish I had been there now to see what he did.

Well, I just spoke to a very helpful local plumber and he suggested trying Triton customer services anyway - seeing as its just 1 month after the guarantee has ended - maybe I'll get someone equally helpful from Triton!

Well no luck. Triton are not nice. :( They said if it was 1 week after the end of the 2 year quarantee period then they would have sorted it, but 3 weeks is too long! They said that all they can do is send out an engineer but I would have to pay £90 upfront on a credit card before they even came out and then that would include them fixing it.

Been reading about the Triton Opal II low pressure faults. My son has one that did the same i.e. LP light on etc. Did all the usual checks, replaced the control board but still the same. Eventually traced the fault to a 100nf - X1 rated capacitor on the power board. This is part of the pressure sensing circuit electronics and was faulty. Replaced and now runs perfectly. Was also cheaper than a new power pcb. Realise most folk would not attempt this but get a good electrical or electronics guy to check it for you.

if its the pcb pt n0 7073333 its a common fault with this board.
badly soldered component.

Thanks seco services. Had tried re-soldering all the components to no avail. Being an electronics engineer I decided to trace the circuit out,(in the absence of a diagram) and fix it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back