Open vent to Combi Change. How do you do it?

P

ppcman

Hi chaps hopefully some of you will be able to help with this.

FIRST OF ALL I WILL NOT BE TOUCHING THE GAS SUPPLY. I know that I need a qualified person to do this bit + supply pipe will need upgrading.

I want to do the wet section myself & this is what I think I will have to do.

1) drain CH system & CWS
2) remove F&E tank & CWS tank from loft
3) connect rising main to old supply pipe from CWS
4) remove hot water cylinder / pump / 3 port valve from airing cuboard
5) connect flow to the return in airing cuboard where 3 port vale was
6) cap hot water supply where it was connected to the old cylinder & remove vent pipe
7) join hot water supply pipe to a hot pipe near where new boiler will be installed
8] join cold feed water supply pipe near where new boiler will be installed to feed boiler
9) use the old flow & return pipes to supply CH around system

Is this right or have I missed out anything important?

Please help if you can as I find doing stuff like this gives a great feeling of accomplishment

Sponsored Links
Just think I spent 5 years at College to learn that :LOL:

hence why this is an ideal situation to put a boiler in the same cupboard space. the feed and outlets are already there. so is the elecky to wire into.but in this situation you have have to way up blow off,condense(pump).etc.

Sponsored Links
The FIRST thing you need to do is to find a registered installer who will agree to do the bits he has to.

[ We will do this but most installers won't ! ]

THEN consult him over the proposed location for the boiler and flue!

Tony

Its never too late to learn!

There was an old fellow on TV last week at 92 who wanted to start a degree course!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back