OSO unvented water heater bleeding me dry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a nasty shock when I checked my electricity usage over the month. The bill is approx £200!

I've isolated the culprit. Its the OSO 330 unvented water heater. Its on a timer so should only heat the water for an hour in the morning. That's how I assume they work.

However, the electricity dial is whizzing around like mad 24/7 and only slows down when I switch the heater off, either at the isolation switch or the fuse box. What could be the problem? I can't be doing with paying £200/month!

Sponsored Links
Timer for the immersion heat is most likely the cause.

Even then the tank is well insulated so should keep heat for long
periods without requiring more heat.

So possible leak?

Sponsored Links
I'm probably being really thick so bear with me.

I thought the two system boilers I have provide hot water to the water cylinder and the electric coil is to maintain the heat? Is that not correct?

Sorry, I've never had a unvented water heater before so am confused to how they work. We've just moved into a property that has one.

no the electric immersion is only there as a back up incase the boiler goes down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back