Outdoor Garden Brick Reendered planters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm cross posting this because I'm not sure of the best place to post it.
Hi guys
I'm redesigning our garden in lockdown.
Does anyone know if a DIY'er could build these garden walls/planters?
I love the white but also not sure how long they would last until they looked old and miserable.
We do live in the UK after all :)
Any thoughts, ideas, experiences would be a great help.
Thank you
Andy

Attachments

• hardwood Archives - London Garden Design.jpg
    hardwood Archives - London Garden Design.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 666
  • Low maintenance small garden.jpg
    Low maintenance small garden.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 470
Sponsored Links
Probably about a year before they start looking skanky and another year before the render starts cracking.

As Freddie says, but can stall the inevitable by installing a DPM against the inside of the planters before filling and fitting coping stones

Hi Guys -
Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.
I kind of expected this response but wanted to get some other thoughts on it.
Spain might be on the cards :) or not in these times !!
I've read a number of posts on here where others have done this and suffered the consequences and that's really sad and disappointing for them.
I'm now wondering if there is another, 'fake' solution??
So something like 'composite' materials where the planters will simply sit on paving and look 'VERY' similar to what I'm looking for.
I also have a brick retaining wall that I was thinking of getting rendered the same as the (originally planned) planters idea, but I guess this would also end up looking a mess.
Damn - I really wanted this look.
A big dome over my property - that's the answer, a bit like the Trueman Show :)
Not sure where to go from here

But thank you for making me think straight.

Andya

Sponsored Links
I did once sketch up a solution but its pretty expensive, possibly a bit experimental compared to what you were proposing. I could try and find it, otherwise had you considered doing it with white bricks, not quite the same but at least it's not prone to the usual issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back