Outdoor IP camera for use with ZoneMinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking at setting up a CCTV system around my home, and am hoping to use an old PC as the control station for this using Linux and ZoneMinder. Can anyone recommend a good IP camera for outdoor use, supporting Power over Ethernet (not WiFi), night vision, and built in motion detection that works well with ZoneMinder?

Cheers,
Eric

Sponsored Links
Budget? expectations? I've got some got some grey import 3MP HKvision IP camera domes from Ebay for around £80 that are OK. I use them with a Synology NAS though rather than a PC due to electricity costs of having an old PC switched on 24/7

I have plans for other home automation tasks so will want a fully customisable server, but I'd like it to work with on camera motion detection to keep CPU load managable.

In terms of budget, I'm looking at installing 5 cameras and keep the whole system under £1000, ideally less (doing the installation myself and using existing PC).

It doesn't have to be cinema level picture quality, but I would like to be able to make out faces even on wide angle shots, and decent night vision.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back