Outdoor light switch question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a fused spur set up already installed outside of my house for lighting (We moved in recently) but the lighting has never been installed... The fused spur is from a socket on my ground floor ring main.

Id like to run lighting from this via an outdoor switch.. the previous owner left us a single two way switch for this but Im thinking this is not suitable.

There will be a LNE from the fused spur in and a LNE from the switch to the appliance.

Which is the correct switch to use?

Sponsored Links
The fused spur is already in place & the lighting isn't really for security, its for everyday use & for when we use the garden for entertaining.

Thanks for the link but which is the exact switch I need??

1 way/ 2 way, single pole/ double pole???

Sponsored Links
Do you want to be rogered, sherly?

You certainly want something doing to you, to bring you to your senses (assuming you have any, which I doubt, given that you think someone in the USA should be spamming a Dutch website onto a UK forum)

Hi I have a fused spur set up already installed outside of my house for lighting (We moved in recently) but the lighting has never been installed... The fused spur is from a socket on my ground floor ring main.
One hopes that the outside FCU is IP rated.

Id like to run lighting from this via an outdoor switch.. the previous owner left us a single two way switch for this but Im thinking this is not suitable.
There will be a LNE from the fused spur in and a LNE from the switch to the appliance.
You will need a dual pole switch.

Which is the correct switch to use?
Something like this will be needed.
http://www.thesitebox.com/greenbrook/ip44-weatherproof-outdoor-switch-double-pole-wnswdpc.aspx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back