Outdoor WC and sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a brick building built in my back garden,close to the existing drain manhole where all my clean/dirty water from the house is already plumbed into(from new).
It is my intention to put a toilet and wash basin in this building.
I would like to know what I need to do to allow the waste water of these items to be carried away by the existing drain.
Do I plumb the toilet and basin directly into the drain or do they go via some sort of trap which is permanently fixed into the drain ie brickwork?
Any imformation would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
sink, basin, shower and bath wastes can either be discharged into a trapped gully or bossed directly onto a stack pipe. so long as smells cannot escape, or are dealt with via the stack and the traps can not syphon out then you will be ok.

a toilet waste needs to enter the drainage system as smoothly as possible. any bends or junctions need to be serviceable, either by a rodding point or with an inspection chamber.

Hi,
Many thanks for your reply.
I found it very helpful.
Can anybody supply me with a labelled diagram as I seem to be going around in circles as to exactly what I need.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back