Outlook Express - Folder Expand/Collapse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My folders view in outlook express (version 6) always defaults to what i assume is 'expand' mode, showing every single subfolder in the folder tree.

Even when I manually collapse the view to only show the top most folders, and then I exit OE, when I fire it back up again it simply defaults to show all folders again.

There is a View-Expand and View-Collapse option, but both are greyed out. Don't know if these are connected, but I would think so.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
must be yours :cry:

i just tried it, colaped all folders, closed oe, opened oe,still collapsed (so i opened them again)

On the Tools menu, click Options.
On the General tab, click to clear the Automatically display folders with unread messages check box.
Click OK.

Once this is done, the main folders all close up, displaying a + sign alongside each one.

When you do choose to open a folder after applying the above fix, just click on the + to the left of the folder, and it turns into a – (minus) sign, with all the subfolders, and sub, sub, sub folders that you created displayed below it. When you are finished, just click on the – sign to close the folder back up tightly again.

;)

Excellent! That's done it - i was looking in the wrong place.

Had to exit OE and go back in again, but all folders collapsed this time.

THANK YOU

Sponsored Links
Back