Output from Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer/Loop Recorder

I

imamartian

In other words, how do you connect speakers to a Kaossilayor Pro?

(http://www.korg.com/product.aspx?pd=564)

it has:
- a usb output
- a midi out
- rca red and white (stereo audio) connectors

i suspect i can use a usb and play through my laptop? or the rca cable through a stereo? but is there a way i can play it through a guitar amp?

Sponsored Links
depends if the guitar amp is mono or stereo capable.

With stereo capable it's easy. Get a phono to jack lead.

If the amp is mono then you may need some sort of mains powered converter to bring the left and right together properly as a mono signal before connecting to the amp.

thanks Chris, not sure if the amp is stereo, but suspect it's not... it's a line 6 basic amp.

Any idea how else i can get sound out of the Kaossilator?

Yeah... Phonos which is another name for - rca red and white (stereo audio) connectors

Sponsored Links
Martian, Have you tried RTFM? (reading the f****ng manual) ;) ;) ;)
Surely this will show you how to connect to an amplifier and speakers.
Having said that, some manuals for music equipment these days seem to assume the buyer/owner will already know how to do these things.
Try page 6 of this PDF document., http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/KAOSSILATOR_PRO_OM_EFG1_634067737513300000.pdf showing the connections.
Seems it connects to either an amplifier/mixer or active powered speakers.
Must admit I like the vocoder facility of this unit. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Martian, Have you tried RTFM? (reading the f****ng manual) ;) ;) ;)

Calm down dear, it's only a forum ;)

no i haven't read the manual because it's not been delivered yet !!
But thank-you for the link... i'll have a butcher's .

Strictly tongue in cheek Martian.
I'm well into music and music technology ;) ;) ;) ;)

depends if the guitar amp is mono or stereo capable.

With stereo capable it's easy. Get a phono to jack lead.

If the amp is mono then you may need some sort of mains powered converter to bring the left and right together properly as a mono signal before connecting to the amp.

Or you use a couple of resistors to sum the left and right signals into mono. Bit of a cludge but then if it was proper kit it would be balanced line on XLRs.

finally plugged the phono (red and white leads) into my surround sound... sounds good with great bass.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back