Outside building supply

1 Dec 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hello All

I am currently constructing a cattery 70 metres from our house
I will be running (if all on ) 5kw of heat lamps
I will also have a 32a ring main and of course lighting
My plan is to run 16mm swa from a henley block split from our house cu
The house is a TT earth (with incoming provision of PME)

The question is
Do I run 16mm swa twin core and use a earth spike at the cu in the cattery
or run a 3 core earthing both at the house cu and the cattery cu
the supply will not be using any of the ways from the house cu but will be split from the incoming to the house after the meter

John F
Sponsored Links
How will you isolate the supply?

Why have you said nothing about planning to provide overload and fault protection for the SWA?

Do you actually understand the issues of exporting TT earths to outbuildings?

Do you understand the regulations which apply to buildings housing animals?

What do you plan to do about testing?

Do your plans include complying with the Building Regulations, and if so how?

Do you think that trying to do design work by only asking about the things you realise you don't know is a sensible idea?

Please get an electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links