Outside wall needs rendering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi. Hopefully the link to my picture works!! Although I think it may be upside down. This is a retaining wall next to my garden. I know it looks like it is about to fall down but it has been there for over 50 years so I'm not worried about that.

My question is... I want to point it and roughly render it. I'm not bothered about it being plum or even flat but I would just like to hide or the bad stone work. Any suggestions on how to do this or advice on alternatives would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Two things,

1. why even bother? It's rubble, but it's still stone and apparently doing the job. People pay to have that rough stone look.

2. You would have to pull out the render thickness too much, hence, it would begin to swiftly crumble and look terrible in no time at all.

FWIW: If it works leave well alone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back