Oven amperage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a neff double oven and cannot get either of the ovens to reach their maximum temp's. Could this be due to to having only 30amps in the consumer unit as opposed to 45 amps, or am I barking up the wrong tree altogether.

I'm tearing my hair out here.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The rest of the heat is probably being lost in the cables. Try sticking a chicken pie on the wall next to the cables and see whether it cooks.

Seriously, you need to check the fuse rating at the CU and that the cabling is adequate for the job. If only a 30Amp (breaker/fuse) at the CU I`m surpirised it hasn't tripped/blown.

Because of the nature of your questionI suggest you geta good sparky in.

thanks,
so you reckon it could be the cables ? I just used the exact cabling from the single oven that was there before, just a straight swap of oven.

even if the cables arnt causing the problem, they are a problem! -they are a potential fire hazzard, your oven now uses (roughly) twice the power so it likely the old cable could go up in smoke. -it needs checking. it should say on the cable 4mm, 6mm or 10mm or something, have a look and also look in the manual for the oven and see what power it is (eg 4kW / 4000W). let us know (or get a spark in) before you turn the oven on again!

edit- (turn the power off before checking the cables)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back