oven bayonet hose - is this OK? (it's bent quite tight)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

We have a built in gas oven and hob. above the oven there was a gap in the unit (covered by a plinth which fell off).

Anyway, through the gap now you can see all the way to the back back and the bayonet hose looks to be bent at quite a tight angle. Just wanted to get your opinions if this is safe? i'm worried that at such a tight angle it might rip.

Picture attached (it's the black bayonet hose i'm worried about - not the yellow one)

Attachments

• behind_oven.jpg
    behind_oven.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 355
Sponsored Links
It may be rather more involved.

Is that black hose supplying a gas oven in the foreground?

What model is the oven?

What is the yellow hose for?

In most cases a cooker hose should hang freely down in a "U" shape.

the yellow hose is supplying the hob above (hob is built in to the worktop) the black one is supplying the oven below/infront of it (the oven is built into a unit)

the oven is a belling B170G

Last edited:
Both may be incorrect !

No hose may be used where it could touch anything hot and outside of an oven might well get hot.

Might be better to get an RGI to check for you.

But if you post the make and model of the hob then someone here might look it up for you.

Sponsored Links
Both may be incorrect !

No hose may be used where it could touch anything hot and outside of an oven might well get hot.

But if you post the make and model of the hob then someone here might look it up for you.
The hob is also a belling; model ghu60gc

By RGI I guess you mean get a corgi out?

CORGI ceased responsibility for gas registration several years ago. Now it is done by Gas Safe.

An RGI is an engineer registered by Gas Safe

Both may be incorrect !

Perhaps not for the hob
Am sure these are available from plumbcenter. Sure some wise owl will clear the uncertainty
As far as the oven is concerned, perhaps the old gas goats could clear that too.

The yellow hose is a hob mate. It's a stainless steel corrugated hose that's plastic coated. Seems to be more acceptable these days as it's classed as semi rigid and manufactured to EN15266, similar to TRAC pipe, so can be used where copper or steel would be used.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
I was 99.99999% sure but tiny bit not. Thank you for clarification(y)

The oven hose is fitted wrongly, As Agile suggested, it should be hanging freely and not touch a hot surface. Iam guessing the installer connected to an existing forward facing backplate, rather than properly configuring it. A side facing back plate connectoe and a micro hose connector is much easier to set properly

The oven hose is fitted wrongly, As Agile suggested, it should be hanging freely and not touch a hot surface. Iam guessing the installer connected to an existing forward facing backplate, rather than properly configuring it. A side facing back plate connectoe and a micro hose connector is much easier to set properly
I'll get someone in asap... meanwhile wont use the oven (which we hardly use anyway)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back