oven / cooker door handle broken off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have searched this forum (as well as Google) and could not find any info so hopefully if someone answers this it will help others too...

Right, I have been putting new worktops on my kitchen units and in order to do so had to remove the built-in oven, hob and drawers etc. When finished I proceeded to put the built in oven back. After I did this I fixed it using screws at the front of the oven but after I did this either the weight of the oven or the pull on the screws had miss-aligned the shape of the oven unit slightly so I could not get the drawer that goes underneath the oven back on it's runners (it was out by a few mm). So i took the oven screws out and proceeded to remove the oven again. I took hold of the handle to pull it out slightly and it snapped clean off (I was trying to be carefull too!).

The oven is fairly new so the only thing I could think of (and had to hand) was no more nails all weather (which is supposedly temperature resistant). I fixed the handle back on and used some weight against the handle to help is bond (this being a door). This was last night and this morning I found that the handle is very secure (and as the bond and oven is white you can't really tell it has been broken in the first place).

My only concern is that the bond will fail when the oven gets hot so I was hoping someone could give me advice on this? Has anyone else had this problem???

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I think you can tell us if it fails under heat. Araldite will work with heat.

I think you can tell us if it fails under heat. Araldite will work with heat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back