oven element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Diplomat oven in which the element for the grill is only heating up partly.
There are two elements basically which go back into the same base. Only the inner element appears to glow red. The outer element doesn't seem to glow.

My question is - Does the inner element only do the grill and the outer element heat the oven. Or should both the elements be glowing for the grill?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it new, if yes ask supplier.
If its old did it work before.
Normally a grill element will give full cover of the grill pan.
Try switching the oven on & seeing if the other part of the element gets hot.
If its a dual circuit grill element it could be a faulty element OR the energy regulator that is controlling it.

This is my neighbors oven so i'm unsure if it originally heated up. I've checked my oven and it appears to do the same.

The element does get hot but only the inner element glows orange.

Sponsored Links
Do they both/either have a supply when you select oven or grill? I'm presuming you mean there are separate supplies to each section of the element.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back