Zanussi ZHQ575X - Grill element replaced but still no Joy!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a problem with the top oven taking ages to heat with the inner grill element only working and now the grill wont work. Got new element and installed it including attaching the earth wire to the securing bolt but grill still doesnt come on!! However, cooling fan (not oven fan) comes on and element heats up when top oven on so there must be power getting to it! Maybe only outer element not sure!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Not had a grilled breakfact for over a week

Sponsored Links
Anyone got any ideas please?

I am wondering if I have mixed the wires up! Is there any way you can tell?

According to wiring diagram,Outer element Blue and Grey,Inner element Red and Violet.

Sponsored Links
According to wiring diagram,Outer element Blue and Grey,Inner element Red and Violet.

Excellent! All working now :D

Cant believe I got the wire wrong after writing them down! But with heat and age the grey and violet were very similar!!!!!

Thanks alot assuhors - looking forward to a fry up in the morning :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back