Zanussi Oven ZBF360x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am trying to work out how to fix my Zanussi ZBF360x. We acquired the oven when we moved house a few months back. When we turned the dial to fan assisted the grill and the fan would always come on. Vice versa, when on grill mode the oven element at the rear of the oven would come on but the fan didn't. This worked out ok for a while but now it looks like the grill element has gone.

I would like to get the fan and the oven element working at the same time. Has this just been wired incorrectly? I've had a look at the wiring at the back of the oven and it looks like the wires are too short to swap over. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix?

The connections to the grill element are grey and blue and to the oven element are orange and blue.

If I can get this sorted I'll replace the grill element and hopefully have a fully functioning oven.

Any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
When you select grill the cooling fan should come on,not the oven fan,are you sure the fan at the back comes on when selecting grill.

hi

thanks for the response. on the grill setting the rear oven element comes on but neither fan comes on. On the oven setting the main fan comes on and up until recently the grill used to come on. Now the grill element has failed. We were able to cook (bake) using the grill and fan combo. The cooling fan is working as it stays on once oven is switched off but still warm.

it's all a bit back to front!

Either the selector switch is faulty or it is indeed wired up incorrectly.Can you check the contacts on the underside of the selector switch are not shorted,you may need to remove it to see.If there are no welded contacts I have a vague wiring diagram which is not colour coded but I can tell you which wire goes where on the switch.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help with this assuhors. checked the selector switch. all seemed fine so swapped over feeds going directly from selector switch to elements and seems to be working fine.

all I need now is a new lamp and a new grill element and the oven will be tip top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back