Grill in Double Oven not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint double oven (model BD31) which has a 2-element grill in the top (small) oven. Both elements of the grill are not working & no heat is coming out at all, either on "full" or "half grill" setting.

Yet, both grill elements seem to work OK (and certainly get very hot) when the top oven is used as an oven or when the plate warming setting (in top oven) is used.

Initially, I thought the grill elements had gone - but seems unlikely that both elements go at same time ? And why do they work when top oven is used ?

Any thoughts on what the problem might be ? Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
sounds like the control is faulty rather than the elements as the control is likely to have 2 or more different positions for 1/2 grill, full grill and top oven even though 2 may supply the same element.

Thanks for response.

There are 2 control knobs affecting the top oven & grill. One selects oven temperature, plate warming setting or grill use (with option for full or half-grill). The other simply selects grill heat setting (1 - 6).

Any thoughts on which control is more likely the cause of the problem (with everything working OK except for both grill elements when on full or half-grill setting) ?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I'll replace that control and hope this solves it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back