Bosch oven and grill not working....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can help me work out what's wrong with my oven. It suddenly stopped working. Its a Bosch built in single oven HBN131550B/02 with a grill in the top.
The digital clock is still working and no timer is set. There are 2 knobs one for the temperature and another for selecting the oven, grill, etc. When I turn a knob to oven then a fan starts blowing cold air from above the handle (guess this is a circulation fan). This is not the fan at the back of the oven, this doesn't turn.
I've inspected the grill element and there doesn't appear to be any signs of damage. I haven't been able to get into the back of the oven yet (requires a special screw driver) so I can't inspect the oven element.
It's worth saying that the internal bulb isn't working either (although I can't remember if this was working before).
I am thinking that it is either the oven heating element or the thermostat. I'm not sure if the oven heating element would cause the grill to stop working too though?
Any insights would be great, thanks!

Sponsored Links
I'm hoping someone can help me work out what's wrong with my oven. It suddenly stopped working. Its a Bosch built in single oven HBN131550B/02 with a grill in the top.
The digital clock is still working and no timer is set. There are 2 knobs one for the temperature and another for selecting the oven, grill, etc. When I turn a knob to oven then a fan starts blowing cold air from above the handle (guess this is a circulation fan). This is not the fan at the back of the oven, this doesn't turn.
I've inspected the grill element and there doesn't appear to be any signs of damage. I haven't been able to get into the back of the oven yet (requires a special screw driver) so I can't inspect the oven element.
It's worth saying that the internal bulb isn't working either (although I can't remember if this was working before).
I am thinking that it is either the oven heating element or the thermostat. I'm not sure if the oven heating element would cause the grill to stop working too though?
Any insights would be great, thanks!

Did you manage to resolve this? I have exactly the same problem...

Is your timer set to automatic or manual this is the most common cause for these symptoms.

If the grill have the oven are not working, then the thing they have in common, is the selector switch & timer.
It could be the selector switch is broke OR the main ac supply to the switch has broken, or the link between the elements.
If they are both not working then I doubt if an element has gone.

Sponsored Links
Is your timer set to automatic or manual this is the most common cause for these symptoms.

Unfortunately nothing so trivial, though I understand this can easily be overlooked.

If the grill have the oven are not working, then the thing they have in common, is the selector switch & timer.
It could be the selector switch is broke OR the main ac supply to the switch has broken, or the link between the elements.
If they are both not working then I doubt if an element has gone.
Thanks Diyisfun. I'm hoping the OP might come back with his solution before dismantling the oven to investigate - though suspect that might be lined up for this weekend. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back