Help with my Bosch oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long shot, but I wonder if anyone is an expert in ovens

I have a Bosch HBN131550B and yesterday the oven stopped working. Neither the grill or oven heat up. When I turn the oven on, there is the quiet sound of a fan (not the one by the element) and the thermostat light is not on

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert but I've taken a couple apart and it's usually surprising how simple they are. It's just a box with a heating element, a temperature switch and a temperature sensor. I assume it's a thermostat unless it has some fancy temperature display on it. Usually it's the elements that die but in your case, it sounds like it might be the thermostat. If you're confident with a screwdriver, I'd search the interwebs for spares, buy a thermostat and try replacing that*. If you have a multimeter, I'd also search the interwebs for how to test the thermostat.

* That's what I would do, I wouldn't warranty that it will work :)

Can anyone suggest how I find the thermostat?
There are a couple of little boxes - how do I know which it is?
Thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
ah i see - there's a very useful video

On the video it says you know the thermostats broken if:
1) Oven not hot enough
2) Oven never turns off
3) No little click when you move the temp dial

When I turn the temp control, I do hear a little click when I move it from 0 to 1 degree celcius

Does this mean that the thermostat is ok?

Thanks
Tom

Not sure as im no expert. If it were me id buy a new thermostat and element, fit one at a time and return the part you dont need, assuming it fixes the problem

I removed the top and connected the two wires going into the thermostat, and that didnt do it, so it's not the thermostat that's broken. Any other ideas what it might be?

It's not the thermostat or element...

Thanks a lot

How do you know the element is working? I assume because you say that neither the oven nor the grill is heating up. A double element failure would be unlikely but not unheard of. Before that though, is there a circuit board in the oven? Might be a dry joint on that or a failed component. If you can find a schematic for the oven, that would be good, then assuming that you are confident with mains electricity and a multimeter, you could chase the current around.

I'm pretty sure it's not the element as I've replaced the main element with a new one and that dint work

I'll have a look for a circuit board - dont remember seeing one...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back