overboard floorboards with ply before carpet - questions!

S

sentinal73

Hi guys. I've looked on here for answers but have a few questions before I over board my floor with ply before the carpet fitters come in

The room is 3m by 3.5m

1. Is wbp ply adequate. TP are my only merchants around here

2. What size gap do I leave between the skirting and the ply?

3. Do I butt all the ply sheets together or leave a slight gap between sheets?

4.What do I do around the door frame and architrave? Do I scribe the ply and leave a suitable gap between ply and door frame?

Think that's all for now.. Hope you can answer a few of my questions.. A newbie here :)

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
When I've done this, I used 3mm hardboard, not ply wood. I just payed it on the floor, upto the the skirting and screwed it down, the gaffer taped all the joints, I went right upto the door, we also had a new door fitted so the extra 3mm on the floor didn't really matter

Presuming that you have a reasonable level and stable floor in place then no sheeting of ply or anything else is necessary.

Surely, the fitter has been to weigh up the job and advise when a quote was given? Anyway, leave it up to the fitter - altho any door issues should have been pre-discussed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back