Overflow leaking...help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unsure of what is actually happening!

A few years back the same thing happened where the overflow was dropping water then became a constant flow, now 3 years later it's Happening again.

Anyone know what this could be and how to fix it ?

When I turn the hot water mains tap off the leak stops.

I have attached all relevant photos

Thanks for help In advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 99
Sponsored Links
Well its not quite installed correctly!

But the pressure gauge is for the heating and you should turn the black plastic tap to be in line with the pipe and that will let water in to increase the pressure back to 1.5 bar as indicated by the red marker.

The water in the tun dish probably only comes out when heating up the water.

An unvented cylinder like that should be serviced annually by a qualified person!

Without seeing the label on the cylinder its difficult to guess exactly what is wrong.

But how was it cured last time?

Tony

Thanks Tony

I have just done this, last time it was fixed by David Wilson homes as its a new build property, I have contacted them but as usual take forever to reply!

It was fixed like by replacing a ball inside the take ? I think, apparently they use cheap parts and they need replacing now and again just wasn't expecting it so soon!

What labels should I take photos of to show you ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back