Overheating !!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone i have a oil fire central unvented heating system the problem seems to be that the thermostat does not seem to be working as the system seems to be heating up to a temp where you cant put your hand on the pipe and when i move the thermostat the boiler does not kick out it also seem to be taking in air somewhere i was just wondering does this mean the stat it not working and is the boiler burning so much that it is turning the water to steam which is driving up my pressure thanks to anyone that reads this

Sponsored Links
Makes sense as water increases in volume 1800 times if it turns to steam so make sure all you safety devices are in good operation prv,s etc.
Change the thermostat and do not use until then as you may cause damage to your system.
Pete

thanks pete thought that alright was only running it for 10 or 20 minutes to get the house warm rang a plumber last week to change the stat and make sure system is not damaged still waiting on him !!!!!!!

What model boiler do you have? some are just a case of removing a nut from the boiler body and removing the probe and connection line to stat.
p

Sponsored Links
hi yeah have a gerkross cosyman 90/120 outdoor boiler hope that is enough info on it ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back