Pain or Urban Myth?

Mythbusters is great!

No, the jumper was round my hand... it was many years ago, a French kid tried to get me to touch a fence... sensing the sadism in his voice I figured it was an electric fence so thought I would outwit him. Little g*t! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I know that the old flow decreases with age a bit, but if you imagine sticking your finger over the end of a hose, you'd be a bit reluctant to spray it on a live wire, wouldn't you, and that must follow the same laws as weeing on a third rail, doesn't it ??

Come on you soft ****s get out there and do it ... if you have the sllab ... Of course you could lose them !! oooer ! :cry: :cry: :D

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:
this was done as an experiment on the program MYTH BUSTERS and there conclusin was yes you do get a jolt albeit they used a model with sencors mounted on it and orange juice for the urine

they have exposed a lot of myths on this program but then again they dont use live human beings they are loooking for volunteers and they err on the teers side

MYTH BUSTERS needs you
actually slogger they used one of the presenters urine (Adam Savage) the hardest part was making the stream constant and not droplets, eventually they did manage to "kill" their crash test dummy (Buster)Season 2 episode 14

I think we should register the trademark "Weeing On The Third Rail" and then sell it to Pink Floyd for use as their next album title.

Don't roll your eyes at me! Dumber ideas exist, and most of them have been presented on this forum.

Well im getting the train to London on Saturday...so ill give it a try, the intention is to get well stellard on the way up, so ill have plenty of 'ammo'..

If anyone is is planning to be on the 8:49 leaving port talbot on saturday....i would sit as near to the front as possible and DONT open the window.

If you hear a sream and smell burning flesh...dont panic...it will only be me!

Don't train toilets empty onto the tracks or something? could this potentially be a problem (the unlikely scenario of a dribble of liquid running all the way down to the pick-ups?), or do they only have them on lines with overhead power?

Zampa said:
Well im getting the train to London on Saturday...so ill give it a try, the intention is to get well stellard on the way up, so ill have plenty of 'ammo'..

I have very fond memories of drinking a few ciders and trying out the 1st class toilets in the Sheffield to London back in 1998... you can barely move with 2 people in those infernal things ;)

AdamW said:
I have very fond memories of drinking a few ciders and trying out the 1st class toilets in the Sheffield to London back in 1998... you can barely move with 2 people in those infernal things ;)
I used to try to get on the same train at Harold Wood (just two stops down the line). Trouble is, those two stops made the world of difference. We had no chance, thanks to you country folks filling the things up before they got to us. Some times I'd have to wait for over an hour, before I could actually board a train.

Now you try telling that to kids of today (in a northern accent), and they just won't believe it. :D

An agricultural electric fence works with roughly 1Hz pulses of near-DC electrical energy, with a potential of up to a kilovolt (I think)

Not quite right our electric fence with nothing connected can generate 8.5kV although when the fences are connected this can drop a tad due to nettles etc toughing the wire and shorting it although after a while they do die. Any way back to my point. I'm quite happy to set up a test at various voltages (all I need to do is reduce the overall run of fences) to see what voltage is required and how close someone needs to pee on the fence to get a shock. Any volunteers???

TexMex said:
Now you try telling that to kids of today (in a northern accent), and they just won't believe it. :D

Did you perchance grow up in 't shoebox in 't middle of rooad?

TexMex said:
AdamW said:
I used to try to get on the same train at Harold Wood (just two stops down the line). Trouble is, those two stops made the world of difference. We had no chance, thanks to you country folks filling the things up before they got to us. Some times I'd have to wait for over an hour, before I could actually board a train.

Adam said Sheffield, not Shenfield. However, I did used to live in Shenfield, so your dig wasn't entirely wasted..... ;) ;)

Years ago when I was in the scouts, we were out hiking and one kid needed a leak. He was stood at the edge of the field doing the necessary when he suddenly jumped (more of a spasm I suppose) then fell backwards - leaking over himself. This was caused by an electric fence (the single strand type) which he had failed to see in the long grass.

Sponsored Links
Back