Paint finish on new plaster wall advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys weve had an old archway in our living room filled in ie new stud wall, plasterboarded, plastered etc. Weve just repainted entire wall and all looks great bar the difference in finish from old painted wall and smooth new plaster wall. I had hoped the roller used would have left a small amount of slight stippling to blend in as you can see in photo attached (quite close up so shows stippling effect much larger than it actually is; its really only subtle but we like the effect and the new flatter finish on right side of photo really shows up). Should I a) repaint but stipple new wall area with end of a brush to match in as best as possible, allow to dry then roller over or b) just reroll using a slightlythicker roller and/or back roll when paint is just drying. Any advice appreciated. Im guessing modt people love a perfectly smooth paint finish but we actually like the really subtle finish on the older wall. Advice appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• 20181201_105447.jpg
    20181201_105447.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 237
Sponsored Links
Do it again using a medium or long-pile lambswool roller, which leaves more texture. A thick paint shows more texture so stir it very thoroughly to mix in the solids that sink to the bottom.

If you are using a cheap, watery "value" paint, get something better.

Hi John thanks for that. I was thinking upping the roller thickness would sort it. Its a Dulux easy care washable and tough paint so nice and thick. Will crack on and fingers crossed we get a better finish. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back