Paint for drainpipe

P

pna

Hello

I would like to paint a grey plastic drainpipe and gutter white to match a nearby post.

I have seen a special drainpipe paint, but it is only made in black.

Are there any paints I can use that will not start to peel off soon?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use conventional gloss, couple of coats. Non-Drip is OK but don't use single coat stuff. Don't use undercoat either - not flexible enough.

ChrisR said:
Use conventional gloss, couple of coats. Non-Drip is OK but don't use single coat stuff. Don't use undercoat either - not flexible enough.

Yep...works everytime...dont try and rub it down first though....you'l scratch the pipe to pieces...

Thanks guys - left to my own devices I would have sanded and undercoated!

Sponsored Links
dont want to be a nit picker but in conservation areas you may need planning permision to change the colour of drain pipes.

jbonding said:
dont want to be a nit picker but in conservation areas you may need planning permision to change the colour of drain pipes.

Possibly true jb......but surely if they were conservation areas, they wouldnt be able to install plastic pipes anyway?

thats the point im making, are they allowed to install the plastic pipe, or the person who lived their before maybe changed it. its simple look around if everyone else has the same cast iron pipes you will probably get a complaint.

Thanks for letting me know, but and all the surrounding houses are plastic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back