paint spillage on new carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Disaster. oil based gloss paint on carpet. Huge patch. We've cleaned it up as best as we can but we're just going to have to replace that section of carpet. We've got some carpet available and we're going to cut out the section with the paint spillage. As the spillage went right up to the wall it means that the replacement carpet section will be held down securely on one edge at least as the gripper is there to hold it down. I just want to know what's the best way to secure down the other three edges. We're too ashamed at my carelessness of spilling the paint to phone a carpet fitter and my partner is concerned about the cost of employing a carpet fitter to do a small section. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Try strong double sided adhesive tape. Does your house insurance cover accidental damage ?

Do you have enough spare to try it yourself, fail, and then get a carpet fitter to do it properly?
If it needs to be done right first time, get someone to come and do it!

I expect the success of such a repair depends on where it is, if it's in an un-traffic'd area of the room it'll be OK if it's in a busy part like a doorway it'll probably fail.

Sponsored Links
I'd get a fitter to do it, you'll only get one chance and if you do it badly it will look a mess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back